What is micronutrition ?
Micronutrition studies the impact of micronutrients (vitamins, minerals, trace elements, essential fatty acids etc) on health, assesses any deficiencies and looks for ways of optimising an individual’s micronutritional status.
It demonstrates its benefits :
• in treating functional disorders, which represent 80% of the reasons people a consult a doctor
• by helping to permanently regulate the body’s major functions
• alongside treatments for certain pathologies in order to improve quality of life.
Who do you go to ?
Healthcare professionals trained in micronutrition are able to offer advice about diet and if needs be recommend supplements that match the person’s needs.
What are the three major areas of action in micronutrition ?
• Maintaining the balance of the intestinal ecosystem with microbiotic strains and fibres
• Protecting the body’s cells from outside attacks and the effects of aging with cell protectors
• Limiting lifestyle related deficiencies and dysfunctions in the body using nutritional supplements
Did you know ?
PiLeJe is the expert company in microbiotic strains research
In 2007, for the first time in France the clinical trial*, co-ordinated by Pr Philippe Marteau, demonstrated the effectiveness of a microbiotic strains in the treatment of Irritable Bowel Syndrome.
* This study was published in the journal Gastroentérologie Clinique et Biologique (February 2008)